BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

What I Want

At some point I'm going to have to think about life as a single gal. Up until now I have been concentrating on getting him out and getting this over with... but once he's gone, then what?

I am not interested in some kind of "capital-R" Relationship... I would rather wash my hair with Clorox than open myself up to the possibility of another disastrous relationship like this one. There were warning signs, and I missed them all. I am apparently not at all good at "capital-R" Relationships.

But eventually I am going to want... something.
I always feel better with a list (or plan of attack, whatever).

So here's what I'm thinking.
I want someone:
to adore me but not need me (you know, in the bad way)
who is past all of the marriage/kids thing
who does not want to live with me
who will pay for stuff - not all the time, but often enough
to travel with
who likes me just the way I am (thank you Mr. Darcy)
who is willing to be my "plus one"
who can cook
with a sense of humor
who likes movies
who is willing to wear handknits (duh)
who can kiss. Really well. Really. Well.

Or I can just be alone. Except for the kissing part I have all of that and more already with my group of friends.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those qualifications sound perfect to me when you are ready. It's wonderful to know exactly what you need.

Cerise said...

I know someone who made just such a list, then she went out and got him. They're not married, but they have been together more than 12 years. I just love happy endings! I think the list is a good place to start.

Anonymous said...

Good list. Mine looks very similar, only I still want the marriage part and possibly a kid.

Lanora said...

Everything is possible at this point! Sit back and bask in all you've accomplished and the positive influences (knitting buds) around you!

Anonymous said...

Lists are good things, and that sounds like a good list to me. Of course I'm doing the getting married thing, finally after NINE years! I'm still undecided about the kid thing. You know what you want and that is always a good point to start off from.