BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Best Intentions

The intention was for Bean to return to school today.
Didn't happen. She was in pain this morning and I am a sucker. She was crying and sad and I am powerless to resist. She is fine now, by the way... I think the pain is worse in the morning and then it gets better as the day goes on. I told her to remember this tomorrow and power through. She can always come home early if it's too much for her.

I went to work for a bit and then Andie let me come home to her.

When I got to work this morning my hands were full and I had this horrible feeling that I locked my keys in my car. I didn't. But on the way home to Bean I stopped at Walgreens to get her a Beanie Baby and I did, um, lock my keys in my car. The locksmith was fast. When the husband leaves I am going to use his key as a backup and keep it in my wallet. I should probably get a copy made for my desk at work. And also maybe one for Kerri.

I intended to have the February On Your Toes socks done by tomorrow... thanks to Chocolatier (and Xanax and naps related to Xanax... it's been a weird week) I have not been knitting as much as I thought I would. They should (at this point) be done by Friday. Or Saturday.

I intended to send out my Valentine Swap package Monday. And didn't. I was going to stop after work but then I realized that I forgot to write down her address... so it will get into the mail tomorrow. I suck.

In good news, I love my new bank!! I got my debit card activated and started using it... every debit purchase I make gets rounded up to the nearest dollar and the extra gets deposited in savings. The way I use my debit card I will be independently wealthy in NO time. I have to remind myself not to automatically say "credit" though... but in less than an hour I "deposited" almost two dollars!! Love that. I used to save my change in a jar and then take that in, but I so rarely have or use cash that this is SUCH a great thing. Also? I ordered checks and they came today... there is a line above the signature line that says, "Knit Happens." How cool is that?

In my Addictions class we are supposed to think of something that would be really hard to give up... and then give it up for the rest of the semester and keep a journal about the struggle. I chose buying yarn online (but not at Twist). It is more difficult than I thought. For example, my favorite Etsy yarn shop Yarn Lust just sent me an email requesting that I sign up for a newsletter about new yarns and stuff.

Breathe through the pain.
Breathe through the pain.

I'm going to have to stop by Twist for a fix soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had my wisdom teeth out about 800 years ago, but I remember taking longer to recover. So Bean is justified.

I tried to give up buying sock yarn for 2 weeks, and it didn't work. I think my excuse was that I was buying yarn to knit socks for other people.

Princessliak said...

I love reading your blog, it makes me not miss you guys so much. I also wear the slippers with bees on them that I won at your slumber party. So good on cold mornings.

Lara said...

Your addictions class is evil. I suppose that exercise would help develop empathy for the addict, though.

My charade socks are nowhere near being done, but I did finish the slippery socks and I'm on the gusset decreases for the second sweetheart sock.

Rhonda said...

Remember--sock yarn is so light it really doesn't count as a yarn purchase--even online.....I make a darn good enabler, heh?