I just heard on The Diane Rehm Show that canned light tuna is NOT the tuna they're talking about when they talk about mercury poisoning. It's ok to eat more than a can of tuna a week!!
Bean and I could eat tunafish sandwiches every day. My favorite low fat tunafish recipe:
1 can of tuna in water, drained
half a cucumber, seeded, peeled and chopped into small bits
1 boiled egg
1 stalk of celery chopped fine
mustard to taste
a weensy little bit of mayo or Miracle Whip (my favorite) if needed for moisture
This is great in a pita or wrap with lettuce and tomato.
My favorite High Fat tunafish recipe:
1 can of tuna in water, drained
1 box Kraft Mac and cheese, prepared
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 can cream of celery soup plus 1 can of water
1 cup frozen peas
Mis all together, top with crushed Ritz crackers and bake for 45 minutes or so.
Bean is in school today, and so far I haven't heard from her. A good sign. She ran out of her pain pills last night and had a moment of panic, "What do I do if the pain gets really really bad?"
You take your ibuprofen and put some ice on it and try to rest. The worst of it is over. I promise. They only gave you twenty for a reason.
"Mom? Is this how addicts feel?"
No, sweetie, that's much, much worse.
"I don't ever want to be addicted to anything."
Good plan, kid.
Speaking of addiction... remember how I'm trying to give up ordering yarn online? Um... I am weak. Yarn Lust is just my favorite indie dyer ever and she has these cute stitch markers, too. I figured that since I was already firmly behind the wagon I might as well check out The Loopy Ewe too.
Sigh.
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
TUNA IS OK!!!
Posted by J. Denae at 11:35 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I had not found Yarn Lust until a friend of mine gave me the cutest heart stitch markers for Valentine's Day. I see your dilema.
Tuna is comfort food although my sandwiches need mayo for sure.
I'm starting to get worried about the 2-3 servings a week of sushi I indulge in.
Post a Comment