I have finished the heels of my Socks That Rock... it is a short row heel which I generally do not like. I am partial to the heel flap because that is how I learned and everything else just seems wrong. But this heel was nice... and also, since I'm knitting them 2 at a time I got avoid the dreaded awkward picking up of stitches.
Andie's daughter was in town with some friends and since Andie is a good mother she got a Wii for her birthday. So Mr. Andie made some fabulous pizza crust and we all made our own pizzas and then Andie and I settled onto the couch for some serious knitting time and the amusement of watching a group of 20-somethings play with the Wii. We basked in the Wii-ness. (Heh heh, Wii-ness).
I also bought some new shampoo... which I realize hardly seems interesting enough to mention, except that I am a HUGE hair-product snob. The consequence of working most of my life in salons. Shampoo and yarn are the two things that I will drop serious cash on, even if we're eating Ramen Noodles for dinner. I bought some Burt's Bees shampoo and conditioner... it's really nice. And my hair smells sort of like raspberries and it is oh so shiny.
I was supposed to be mailing out my dishcloth today... my pal lives in another country. Instead, I'm starting it today. Those damn socks have kept me hooked!! I'm knitting a ballband dishcloth and I forgot how much I love these little suckers! I'm going to be knitting a few more once my swap package gets sent out!!
Monday, February 18, 2008
Groovy Weekend
Posted by J. Denae at 1:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Mmm...raspberry. :)
Ballband dishclothes are so gratifying: colors, quick, cheap, cute. Maybe we should have a ballband KAL.
I have frogged my STR socks at least 5 times, but I still love the Jan yarn and pattern. I thought the short-row heel was lovely,too.
I really want a wii; everyone thinks I'm crazy.
Post a Comment