He hasn't signed anything yet. I keep leaving pens around the house just in case... different colors and types. But so far nothing.
Sally's husband (Mr. Sally) has started calling him Bartleby. Because Mr. Sally is smarter than the rest of us, and also very funny. (I had to look it up, too, so don't feel bad if you have to click on the link!)
Bartleby has been in a much better mood lately, and says that he is glad I took the step to get the papers together and that he'll be out by the end of next week. Of course, how often has he said one thing and then decided that he would "rather not" do that thing when it's time?
My daddy (for one has to say "daddy" when one's daddy is offering a large sum of money to make everything better) is refinancing the house for me. I'll be paying the house payment as usual, but on my own it wouldn't happen. It sort of makes me feel like one of those girls who calls her daddy whenever she gets into trouble and daddy throws money at it. I think that the reason my daddy is willing to throw money at this situation is because I am not typically that girl.
Speaking of girls... Bean has started getting my migraines. It's hereditary, so I knew it was just a matter of time. She's not in school today. I brought her to work with me and she's drinking a lot of water and taking ibuprofen and resting (under my desk). I told her she could get on the computer if she felt like it, but before she could "play" she had to go to Web MD and research migraines, migraine triggers and migraine treatments. Staying home every time you have a migraine isn't an option if you get them as often as I do... and she needs to figure out what methods of coping will work for her.
In knitting news, I finished my February STR socks and cast on for a new pair last night... but my head was hurting too and I cast on backwards (don't ask, it's a 2 at a time thing). I couldn't face casting on again so I just shoved everything in my bag and knitted on my ballband dish towel for awhile. When in doubt, knit simple.
I may also have accidentally placed a large order at The Loopy Ewe. Even though I have YET to finish a sweater, I am now in two sweater KAL's. One at Twist and now one with TLE. When will I learn?!? Want to hear my justification? TLE offered a 20% discount on Dream in Color Classic if you bought it for the KAL. There. That's why.
It's a sickness.
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Dads, Migraines and Bartleby
Posted by J. Denae at 11:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I hope Bean feels better!
As for the KAl's...if you are feeling bad about startitis....go look at my Ravelry page. :P
I'll cross my fingers that he really means it this time, or that he dies in jail like Bartleby. OK, maybe that comment was unnecessary.
I haven't ever told my dad that I get migraines. :p Because he gets them and any time any of us kids mentions getting a headache, he freaks out. Probably giving himself a migraine. :p I hope Bean finds a good way to deal with them.
I haven't knitted at all this week. I have stitched though. I think there's something wrong with me.
I hate that Bean might be a fellow sufferer of Migraines. That just sucks!!!
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Bartleby actually leaves like he is supposed to.
you can't call it an "accident" if you had to enter the discount code :-D
Post a Comment