BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Deloused

I think we have done it.
Bean has been obsessively going through her hair with the combs and we have washed everything in hot water... and then washed her bedding again after last night. She still had some icky eggs this morning, so I did not take her to school. As of about 6pm she was egg free and good to go.

Fingers crossed for school tomorrow.

In knitting news...

Look at me knitting 2 at once!!

These are the February socks for Twist's On Your Toes sock club... I am enchanted by the pattern, Charade, by Sandra Park. Of course, in the picture you can't see how charming the pattern is because my camera (and camera skills) are crap... but trust me, the stitches are lovely. The yarn is Jawoll, and while it is a bit scratchy at first, it softens as you work with it and it is great for this pattern.

I also have received some Noro sock yarn... le sigh, le pant, le heave.

More on that later.

Things at home are good-ish. 24 days to go and we're more or less staying out of each other's way. He has made a couple of shitty comments here and there, but I figure he's entitled to some shittiness right now. As long as Bean isn't exposed to it I'm fine.

I am making a huge surgery shopping list... Popsicles, soup ingredients, bananas, frozen peas (for use as ice packs). I'm making two kinds of soup initially-potato soup and this really good celery soup that we love. It is easy to make and can easily become vegetarian or vegan...

Celery Soup
Clean and chop one bunch of celery (including the leaves)
In a large-ish pot boil the celery in chicken broth with a little bit of mild curry
Once the celery is very tender puree with 8 oz. of cream cheese
Can be served hot or cold

I love this soup. And more importantly, Bean loves this soup and there is no chewing involved.

So is everyone's weather screwy right now or is it just here? Yesterday temperatures were in the upper 60's. Last night there was a HUGE thunderstorm, complete with serious lighting and hail. This morning was foggy and now it's snowing and we're supposed to get 3 - 4 inches by tomorrow night.

The weather needs Cymbalta. And Xanax, apparently.

3 comments:

K. Anne said...

Yummy socks and yummy soup! I am so going to try this recipe. I hope things keep goin well. :)

Anonymous said...

Love that colour! Socks are looking good! This winter has been pretty screwy weatherwise here in RI, too.

NarcissusSue said...

I hate celery. What can I make that soup with instead? Squash? It almost sounds good enough to go ahead and try, even though celery is from the devil.