I delivered the papers to the (soon to be ex-) husband. He was actually pleased that I had taken care of it, and was in a much more rational frame of mind to discuss it than he was last night. Thank God. He wants to take a few days to read them over and he wants to have a lawyer look them over, but he said he would be out of there sometime next week.
I hope he follows through on that.
Legally I can't make him leave on Friday and I'm just going to have to deal with that. Bean and her dad and I talked about it, and we're going to try to bring her home tomorrow. If things start to escalate we'll just leave. (The funny thing? He's offended that anyone thinks she shouldn't be around him. Seriously). I had dinner with her tonight and she is really fine - she just wants him to go, too. She said, "Well at least now he wants to go as much as we want him to go. That's a step, right?" Right-o, kid.
I don't have the words to fully express how much the support of all of my friends (cyber and otherwise) means to me. I know that I am making the right decision for me and for Bean (and honestly for him too)... But knowing that and getting this kind of outpouring of support really makes me feel good. If every person had this kind of supportive circle we would not have a lot of the social problems facing this nation.
It takes a village to raise a child, but it also takes a village full of people who know you (and love you anyway) to travel through this life.
I will be having a divorce party as soon as it's final. You're ALL invited, and if you actually come here from out of town I will find places for you to crash during your stay.
I love you all.
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Please just sign the papers. Please.
Posted by J. Denae at 2:06 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am so proud of you! And Bean seems to be doing remarkably well, too.
Sending you lots of love from Texas!
Good to hear! Hopefully he will stay rational until he's out of the house. Putting that out in the Universe for you!
Its almost over....hang in there. I'm cheering you on from Birmingham.
Post a Comment