BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, February 04, 2008

Itchy

This was going to be a post with lots of pictures of my first pair of 2-at-a-time socks.
This was going to be a post with lots of funny stories about my fantastic weekend of massage and friends and knitting.
This was going to be a post about anything except what it's actually about.

Bean spent the weekend with my parents. My mom brought her home at 7 this morning and she took a shower. Then she came in and woke me up, saying that she thought she had lice.

Oh yes ma'am. Lice.

I have never had lice (and I don't now, thank you very much). My sister had lice dozens of times and I never did. So we're thinking that my nephew had it and brought it to my mom's house and then Bean picked it up.

I ran right on over to Walgreens and bought a kit and extra combs. She shampooed with the anti-lice shampoo and then we used this gel stuff to comb through and then she rinsed that out. Meanwhile I stripped her bed, sprayed it down and put new sheets on it. Now we're running everything through the washing machine. I'm going to spray the couches and stuff just in case... but I think we have it under control

I checked my entire head and found nothing... but I'm still itchy. I called Kerri to let her know I wouldn't be at work today and she was itchy over the phone. If you're itchy now, too I'm sorry.

In knitting news...
I did finish my first pair of 2-at-a-time socks. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this method. They are short socks (the cuff is about an inch and a half long), but they only took me a week. I have started the February "On Your Toes" socks from Twist using the same method and they are fairly addictive.

4 comments:

Jen in KS said...

I'm not itchy right now, but I have caught virtual lice from a former co-worker's account of her little girl's affliction. OMG, was I miserable that night at home. That is the only time my mind's done that to me, thank goodness.

Here's to hoping your delousing was successful.

By the way, because of your rave review of the 2 socks book, I am now a proud owner of a copy. I've yet to try it since I'm knitting like a mad woman on a Cobblestone Sweater.

Bubblesknits said...

Holy crap. About halfway through reading that, I started scratching my head. Ack. lol

Just out of curiosity, did you have any problems with your yarn tangling when you did the socks?

Princessliak said...

Congrats on overcoming the 2 at a time method and the nasty louse...

Ronni said...

I live in fear of that happening here. I'm sorry it happened to you. (The lice thing - not the socks thing, the socks thing is good.) Congrats on your finished socks. And thanks for stopping by the other day. I've entered your name in the "spreadsheet of yarny goodness".