BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!


I got these from my friend Emilie. She said she knew that this year sucked so she wanted to brighten my day.

And she did.

Even more than the news that the writer's strike is over... which is actually sort of loosely connected to Emilie but that's another story entirely.

When the husband found out that I got flowers he said, "Must be from S----." (An old flame). I laughed and said, "Not likely!" Though it is actually more likely that S---- would send me roses than the husband. Which is really, really sad.

I am glad they were from Emilie. I'm pretty sure that sending me roses doesn't make Emilie feel entitled to any sexual favors. And also she wasn't apologizing for anything. I have found over the years that my girlfriends are more reliable, more forgiving, more nurturing and more rewarding emotionally than any boy I've ever met.

So Happy Valentine's Day to all of my friends. Your support and love and humor and snarkiness have helped me more times than any of you know. I am so lucky that all of you are out there.

3 comments:

K. Anne said...

Happy Valentine's Day!!! :)

Anonymous said...

ooooh pretty!

Happy Valentines Day!!!

Cerise said...

What do you mean I sent you flowers and you're not even going to put out? Just kidding! Love you!