BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Quiet Sunday

We got snow yesterday, picture-book snow. We sat at Twist, warm and knitting, watching these big, fluffy flakes fall. It was lovely. Then Lara and I walked to a fabulous Mexican restaurant about eight feet from Twist to get dinner.
I fell, of course. Poor Lara. I warned her, but she apparently thought I was kidding. One second I'm walking next to her and the next second I'm on the ground.
I always fall. Always.
I didn't really hurt anything - though I was stiff later. I am apparently too old to be as graceless as I am. I took some ibuprofen and a sleeping pill and woke up feeling great.

I'm at work now and we have no clients (YAY!!) so I'm in for an evening of knitting and reading and maybe a little Oscar action. (And I'm getting paid for this).

Speaking of crazy, things at home are actually pretty calm. He is acting like we never had that conversation. Or, you know, any conversation. I am acting as though we are on the same page and we all are aware of what's going on. We'll see who breaks first.
Someone yestarday asked how I was going to get him out of the house if he refused to go. I have this image in my head of the opening credits from The Beverly Hillbillies... just strap him into one of his recliners and put him in the back of the truck!
Seriously though, that's a good question.
One I will be asking my lawyer.

So tonight I have socks on the needles (of course) and I'm also starting a ballband dish towel. I had so much fun knitting the dishcloth for my swap pal and they're so fast that I thought my new boy-less kitchen needed some new dishtowels. I am feeling really guilty about the swap. I was supposed to ship last Monday and I didn't so I thought I would do it Friday. Then I didn't. I suck. I am going to the UPS store tomorrow come hell or high water!!

2 comments:

Cerise said...

Maybe you can rent a forklift. For the chair, the stuff, the guy...Very cathartic, I bet. Maybe you could start painting the "Man Den" Pepto-Bismal pink. I bet the cans of paint would be enough to get him out.

Lara said...

I've recovered from your fall. ;)

I had such a lovely time Saturday!