BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Crap Day

So let's focus on the good things, shall we?

I am working the heel flap of my socks. This 2 socks thing kicks total one-sock ass. Seriously. (And I am teaching a class on this magic goodness at Twist in March. You should come and learn to do it too).

Except, not if you are using a reinforcing thread in the heel of the sock. Because then suddenly you have two needles and a cable, two balls of yarn and two spools of thread. Not good. Unless you are willing to sit completely still and finish the heel in one sitting. Which I am not. Because the heel flap is boring. I would much rather be turning that heel and moving on down the foot. After every row of heel flap I knit I think, "Am I done, can I turn it now? No? Fifteen more times? Damn." So every time take my socks out of the bag I have to untangle everything. No more reinforced heels for me. I only did it because the nice producers of Jawoll are kind enough to include the thread in the skein of yarn. It seemed like something I should do since they went to all of that trouble and all.

I am going to try to swing by Twist to divide my newest shipment from Blue moon into two equal balls... much better to knit two of you at once, my dear!! (Shelly has a handy scale for ensuring an equal divide). I am hoping that I will have a lot of knitting time during Bean's convalescence.

Also good today? Jack Johnson's new album. I love that guy. Also recently downloaded into my iPod: the new Sheryl Crow.
Wow.
Get thee to iTunes and download some folksy goodness.

We had some serious weather last night. When I got to the station last night (for Super Tuesday coverage) it was sort of rainy. When I left a few hours later my car was covered and the streets were slick. It wasn't too bad, as long as you didn't have to stop or turn. Forward worked pretty well. Though my truck tends to get a little dramatic when it comes to moving forward from a complete stop on ice. I call it Automotive Jazz Hands. The rear of the truck is all about moving sideways and the front of the truck prefers to remain still... the result is a gyrating shimmy. The rear of the truck also gets a little overzealous when it is time to turn.
I got home safe and I didn't fall down anywhere... so that was good.

I know it's only February, but I finally took my Christmas tree down. I know. But if I were an organized person who did everything in a timely way I wouldn't NEED the magic of the 2-at-a-time sock, now would I?

See, there is a reason for everything.


Oh... and celery is not from the devil. Anything that tastes good with either Ranch dressing, cream cheese or peanut butter can't be evil.

0 comments: