So my office-y shoes KILLED my feet today. I got to the station at about 12:30 and went barefoot for the rest of the day. They're just not Crocs or Birks...
Hospice was fine... after I settled in. I got there a little early. I'm always early. I sat in the reception area for 20 minutes before my supervisor showed up. I could see my car from the window and I just kept thinking about the knitting in my backseat. I kept thinking that it would only take a minute to go get it and then not only would I have something to do while I waited I would have something calming to do while I waited. The stress of the morning, or the heat of the day, or the fact that I didn't eat anything before I went made for a pretty good-sized headache by noon. I almost didn't get to work there because of my migraine medicine and working there made me need my migraine medicine. Jeez.
I also discovered that the big weekly meeting that I need to attend is on Wednesdays so I have to go in Wednesday mornings too. Bleh.
I still have no real idea what my responsibilities will be, but I did get to go on a home visit this morning. It was odd but interesting.
When I got to the station I discovered that some genius in the building where our server is located didn't check the temperature. The air conditioner broke and our server is not just down, it's melted. This means no internet, no email... and all of the network connections we rely on for things like, oh, operator logs are toast. Literal toast - well, maybe more like server soup. They thought they might have it fixed by mid-afternoon. Nope. People walked around sort of dazed because they couldn't check their email (or eBay listings... which reminds me...) and I'm like, "People, if this doesn't get fixed soon we're going to be off the air. Like, big, silent HOLES in our schedule."
I had someone else download the program we needed for tonight and burn it onto a CD for me. That's messed up.
So anyway, we're going to miss any of the underwriters and day sponsors for tomorrow. People are not going to be happy.
Monday, July 31, 2006
Bad assed shoes
Posted by J. Denae at 9:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment