Slug.
That's what I feel like. I (somehow) managed to not get any caffeine until just a few minutes ago. And it's dark and rainy. And I'm tired anyhow. And Kerri and I split a large pizza for lunch. The goal was to get the large and have leftovers for tomorrow or whatever... there's not much left - and I thought (as I started my second slice) that I should dig out the Lactaid from my purse (extra cheese and all that)... Guess what I didn't have?
I spent the morning on the air (not really, I was babysitting the automation. The automation was on the air). Ok. I spent the morning reading email and checking my bloglines and playing spider solitaire. (It's a hard knock life for us...). I have discovered another blog to read ('cause I needed another one): Crazy Aunt Purl. She is not crazy, she's fabulous y'all. I wish I knew her in real life and had been there to talk (and drink) with her. She makes me (almost) want to live in California. Don't tell the husband, he wouldn't like it. But I wish, oh I wish we were neighbors.
So I've been doing that thing I do when I find a new and established blog - I read from the very first post and catch up to the present time. I did that with Wendy and cried my eyes out when her cat died. I wanted to send her flowers. And The Yarn Harlot's daughters grew so fast that I wanted to cling to mine to keep her small.
But mostly today I just sat. And sat and sat and sat. And then it was time to pick Bean up from camp and I got wet because it reallyreallyrained from about the time I found my keys to the time I got in my car. So now I'm damp (but caffeinated thanks to a trip to Quik Trip - don you just looooove QT? Clean bathrooms, every pop in the world on tap and they have everything you could ever need and they're on pretty much every corner. Why do people live in states that don't have them??) - but I digress. So I'm damp and I'm sleepy despite my caffeine and it's so quiet here. I really, honestly could curl up under my desk right now and sleep for a few hours...
But I will resist. I will find something to do for the next 30 minutes and then I will be on the air for just a little while and then I will go home - where a fabulous dinner is cooking itself in my crockpot. I woke up 5 whole minutes earlier than I needed to and put chicken and K.C. Masterpiece in the crock pot and when I get home I'll make mashed potatoes and corn. AND my whole house will smell like BBQ Chicken for days.
(Ahhhhhhh.)
And then I'm going to "pajama up" and form a bed nest and watch Windfall and the rest of the Felicity DVD I got from Netflix yesterday.
Ain't nuthin' but a slug thang.
Thursday, July 27, 2006
Today's word is...
Posted by J. Denae at 5:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment