BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, July 20, 2006

I have to stop having dreams.

I haven't even gotten up yet. I'm not dressed. I'm just watching judge shows in the dark coolness of my bedroom. The sun is climbing (a quick peek at the weather channel shows the current temperature at 94) but so far the a/c is keeping up with it nicely. I'm getting up in a bit. It's Thursday and I'm going to my friend K's house (yay!!). I've been missing her. We all get so busy and it's important to nurture friendships. Anyone ever played The Sims?? If you don't call a friend or invite them over they stop being your friend and you can't advance. Anyway, a few hours at K's house means some knitting will get done and some good conversation will be had. What's not to love about that??
Speaking of nurturing friendships...
Strange dreams lately. Last night I dreamed about my friend D. I have known him since we were seven, but I haven't seen him or heard from him in a few years. There was some serious drama with his wife that I heard about from her mother and after that his cell phone was off and he doesn't respond to email. His parents still live in town, and I figure if he wants to contact me he will... so for the most part I don't worry about him. He's a big boy and it's been a long time since we have been the kind of friends who sit on the phone for hours. But last night I dreamed that he was at a restaurant and I was so happy to see him. I cried and carried on with emotion I didn't know I had. I'd like to think that if I saw him I would be cooler than that. We used to be "call at 2am kind of friends," when I had my first miscarriage he sat up with me all night and just let me cry. In college, when his girlfriend left him and slept with his best friend he called me and he came over and we drank cherry kool aid with vodka. Once he married the girl who broke up with him and slept with his girlfriend we sort of lost touch. They moved to Oregon and she was not my biggest fan - and vice-versa, though I did try to respect the fact that she was his wife. Shit, we were all 18.
There is not a D-shaped hole in my life, but where did the emotion in the dream come from? In college and just after, dreaming about D meant he was sure to show up within a few days - it was creepy. Now it just means that something reminded me of him and ~poof~ there he is. (Odd thing... in the dream when I asked him where he had been he said he had moved to France and had two more kids. I think that was Johnny Depp, and while I totally wish I had been friends with Johnny Depp like I was with D, it was not to be so. Besides, D and I were mostly platonic). I hope he's not still in the military, though. I hope he's ok. The XXX says I can call his unit and see if they have any information, and actually, I could call his mom, but right after the whole drama with his wife I left a few messages and he didn't call back. My email has been the same for almost ten years, too.
Time for my least favorite part of the day: take whatever emotional crap my dreams brought up and just let it go. I'm so bad at letting people go in the first place, and when I have dreams with certain people in them I feel like I have to let go all over again. It's never ex-boyfriends. It's always people who were important to me and who are not a part of my life anymore.
Time to get up.

0 comments: