Yesterday was bee-you-tee-full. I slept in... well, we both slept in. It was great to wake up with the husband and see a smile on his face. Usually waking up involves a lot of swearing and grunting and whining. We woke up, we stretched, he got up and roamed the house. I knitted. In bed. I love it when the only reason to get up is to pee, get another diet dr. pepper and go back to bed.
We ended up going to lunch together and then I went back home (and got back into bed with Netflix - "Weeds" and "Felicity") and he went to run errands. The plan was to go see a movie later in the afternoon. My husband is not a movie-goer. He hates how expensive it is. He hates how much actors get paid, and how they act in public (though sports guys? ok with him. who knows what makes his mind work??). He doesn't even really watch tv. So to find a day when he is actually suggesting a movie is like finding that Lucky Charms guy. I knitted and watched my shows and dozed all day and finally we decided to check movie times. There was a showing of Click at 9:45 and a showing of Clerks II at 10:00. Who can decide between those?!? Rather than a coin toss, we decided to call my friends Michelle and Joel to see if they were free and what movie they wanted to see. She was tired and Joel was going to go see my brother's band play. Wha?!? I'll go see my brother's band play. I called my parents and found out where they were playing and we went, felt really, really old, and watched the band. I even wore my band t-shirt. I felt cool (not really - I felt old and fat). But I have a green sharpie scribble that sort of looks like a graffiti tag on the back of my hand so NOW I look like I'm still sort of cool. (I did make sure not to sleep on my hand. I've woken up with marker on my face before. Not a good look - sort of takes the "coolness" right out of the mark on your hand).
We ended up at Buffalo Wild Wings (the husband's favorite place to eat, not so much mine). I completely kicked his ass at trivia. Then a bar fight broke out - let me rephrase that. It was a bunch of white frat boys who (seriously) were wearing polo shirts with the collars up. (Hello, the 80's called, they want your look back). It was more like a bar-posturing contest. Like reruns of Roadhouse had been on tv earlier in the week and these drunkity drunk babies had to act it out. One guy was all, "hold me back bro, hold me back" and another guy was all "what the fuck?" I started humming tunes from West Side Story.
The "hold me back" guy was taken outside by his friend. He had changed lines, though. On the way out he had moved on to "What the fuck is his PROBLEM?" I'm thinking, lover's spat? We go back to our trivia game. I'm still kicking ass. We hear, coming from the other side of the bar - the frat-boy side - "Bwock,bwa- bwa, Bwock". I looked at the husband and said, "Bwocking. That's never a good sign in a fight." Which made him laugh. We paid our ticket and went out to the car... and noticed the "hold me back" guy and his friend lurking in their truck. As we left the parking lot we saw the other group of guys come out. We circled around, parked a good distance away and smoked and watched. Nothing really happened. There was a lot more posturing and a lot more of me humming, "when you're a Jet, you're a Jet." Finally a girlfriend got involved, "I cold kick your ass myself, and your ass, and yours." In a really high-pitched, drunk girl voice. The "what the fuck" guy proclaimed that he was a "grown-assed man" and didn't have time to fight a "punk ass" like the "hold me back" guy, and we decided it was time to go home.
All in all it was a fun day.
I seriously don't understand the drunk at a bar mentality that leads to fights. The posturing and the "you disrespected me by looking at my girl" thing and the whole "my dick is bigger than yours" thing. As a girl, I don't find it particularly interesting or attractive. But then, I'm not the girl they're trying to interest or attract, and my husband is more likely to sit in the back and heckle with me than get involved.
Note to self: teach Bean about the frat boy and how to avoid him.
Sunday, July 23, 2006
Day OFF!!! dayoffdayoffdayoff.
Posted by J. Denae at 11:11 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I'm laughing to hard to leave a real comment :)
Post a Comment