BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, July 29, 2006

If I were a smartie girl...

(mmmmmmm. Smarties.)

WARNING: This post might be rambling and long and not make any sense at all. Oh and change subjects with little or no warning and then change right back. Just deal, ok? It's early.

If I were a smartie girl I would NOT have taken a whole entire xanax last night after 10pm no matter how on edge and weepy I was. I also would not have followed that xanax with every chocolate thing I could find in my house. I think that it's interesting that pot and xanax both make you calm and snacky - and xanax doesn't give you burny throat. Oh, and is legal. Not that I know about the pot - I've just, um, read about it. Smartie girls remember that they have to be at work on Saturdays at 6am and that if they take a whole entire xanax they are just asking for xanax-head at work. Did I mention that I got here at 6?

Smartie girls would stop at Quik Trip on their way in to work(yay! I'm a smartie girl) but would stick to buying Diet Dr. Pepper. Only. (Oh. So I'm not a smartie girl). They would certainly not think maybe some coffee would be good, too, and then get sidetracked by the fake-o "capuccino" that is really hot, coffee flavored sugarwater. Smartie girls would also not take that time to remember that you can get Krispy Kreme at QT, and even though EVERYONE KNOWS Krispy Kreme are only good from the actual Krispy Kreme store and even then, only when the "hot" sign is on. Smartie girls would not buy more than one... ok, more than two QT/Krispy Kremes. So now I'm xanax head and I'm full of sugar and I'm sleepy and I feel like I'm stoned.

(Dear Hospice people, I have a prescription for the freakin' xanax, which I ALSO showed the guy who took my pee for the drug test, so back the fuck off).

I got comments on my blog yesterday!! I love, love, love comments on my blog.
I ripped off that bra yesterday like, three seconds after I walked into my house. My husband got a big ol' boy grin on his face until he saw my face (partly cloudy with a good chance of storms) and said cautiously, "You ok?" I said, "Yup," threw the offending bra toward the pile of laundry and then checked the mail... A Netflix AND the new Interweave Knits. Did you know that Knitpicks has some new, pretty pretty yarn coming soon? The ads in Interweave are fantastic. Probably my favorite yarn ads ever. (Half page ads on pages 76, 77, 80 and 81 - I almost missed them). I, of course, went right on over to the Knitpicks website but didn't find any of them yet. I MUST make something out of Quarry (75% Superfine Alpaca, 20% Peruvian Wool, 5% Nylon) and Gloss (70% Merino Wool, 30% Silk).

(~le sigh~)

Oh, right, comments... So I LOVE to get comments. Thank you, thank you!

Emy- Thanks for the Elann update. Those loser-heads. I signed up for updates and they have not told ME anything. I was the person who wanted it... there's a wrap sweater in Big Girl Knits that MUST be mine - I'm thinking in purple. Of course, I have not finished either of the sweaters that I started - though I did knit three and a half rows on the (easy) red tunic one last night.
And to Handknitbyafailedfeminist - use the tampon quote... I know that people who think they're funny aren't ever funny, but I was actually pretty proud of that one.

To the rest of you... Handknit was talking on her blog about how her husband bought a super expensive car and she was not going to take any crap from him anymore about buying yarn... I said that I thought life would be so much better if they would think of yarn like they think of tampons - vital to our existence, and not something they want to know any more about than absolutely necessary!

When I told MY husband this he got that look they get when you use the T-word and then it hit him that I was talking about buying yarn and his "t-word" look was replaced by the "oh shit she wants to buy more yarn - what about our savings?!?" look for a half-second and then the two looks sort of merged. He looked like someone hid broccoli in with his buffalo wings - part disgust, part total panic and part "why oh why am I being punished in this cruel way?" I don't think my giggling helped at all.

Also, don't tell him, but I was on E-crackden-Bay yesterday and bid on (and won) some pretty ribbon yarn:




Oh, and some pretty twisty yarn:









I wasn't going to buy more than one but they came in lots of 6 and it comes all the way from Istanbul so I saved on postage by getting more than one thing.
(So if you've a date in Constantinople she'll be waiting in Istanbul...)
A-hem.
The ribbon says it wants to be a (probably heavily lined) skirt for Bean and the twisty yarn says it is going to be a huge pain in the ass on the needles but that it will all be worth it in the end.

Ugh. Time to do some actual work now...

Or maybe I'll just knit.

0 comments: