It's around 109 degrees Fahrenheit. What the hell? And according to Al Gore this is the tip of the very quickly melting iceberg. My house works like a little oven and I know when I get home it's going to be hot inside, too and my husband is going to be sweaty and cross. Maybe there are things I can do at work... Except that I don't want to spend any more time than I absolutely have to here.
I know it's July but anything over 95 is mean and anything over 100 is just plain hostility.
I intended to go to the gym today... I really thought I'd be ready to go back. But I can't even think about moving my chair closer to the keyboard right now.
I need to clean my house, too (I know you know that). Even if we're not going to move any time soon it would be nice to have things packed up and put away nicely.
But it's so hot. I'm craving otter-pops, not to eat, but to freeze and arrange inside my pillowcase and under my sheets.
I am not even in the mood for ice cream - it's so hot that ice cream seems too heavy. Maybe I'll stop on the way home and buy a watermelon. And ice. Must have ice.
So I cast on for some fun little socks for Bean (finally). I'll post pics tomorrow if there's anything worth showing off. It uses the wrap and turn short roes and then you're supposed to pick up those wraps and I don't think I did it right. The insides seem sort of lumpy - not a food feel for a sock - so I might frog it back and start over. Luckily, they're the footie-socks that have very little knitting before you get to the heel. There is about a half an inch of k2,p2 ribbing, 2 rows of stockinette and then you're on to the heel. Very satisfying. I was only knitting for about an hour last night and was on to the foot part. I am still deciding if I want to frog and try again, though. I've tried this heel a few times before and I always end up frustrated and sockless.
One more hour to go and then I'm home. I need a long, cool nap... maybe I'll nap until bedtime and then just roll on over into sleep. I haven't been sleeping well at all lately and it's really starting to show in this heat.
Is it fall yet???
Monday, July 17, 2006
Ice. Please send ice.
Posted by J. Denae at 6:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment