BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Dum-de-dum

I swear that this is worse than the night before the first day of school. I colored my hair (finally, jeez) and have used six different of moisturizers, (hair, nails, feet, eyes, face and body). I cleaned out my purse (so as not to look like the total bag lady that I am). I watched Under the Tuscan Sun (must read the book) and While You Were Sleeping on ABC Family (ick - to the channel, not the movie).

AHHHH! Scary Televangelist on with no warning after the movie. (Which would be why ABC Family gets an "ick"). Not my favorite thing. "You must repent-ah your-ah sins-ah. Gawd-ah will forgiiiiiive yew and know that you are truly-ah his chiiiiild if you call our prayer line now and give. Just a hundred dollars a month-ah and you will know your souuuuul is free-ah." Scary televangelists give me the screaming heebie-jeebies. The husband likes to watch (purely for entertainment value) this crazy man (Pastor Bob) who speaks in tongues and lectures against "eating your seed." Me? I'd rather watch reruns of Full House. Seriously.

I can't even knit. I can't focus on one thing long enough to finish a row of anything. If I had size 4 needles and the right yarn I could make this headband I saw online today - it's basically row after row of garter stitch, but each row is like, 5 stitches. I might have the concentration for five stitches at a time. Maybe.

So I sent an email to Crazy Aunt Purl. Basically saying that I think she's great and I wish I lived closer so we could be best friends. (Shut up, I am not a stalker. But seriously, there are a lot of similarities). And she's really smart... like she says if you eat Cheetos with chopsticks there is no lingering Cheetle to pollute your knitting. Genius. And she employs the tried and true "what would Loreli Gilmore do?" method of decision making. Love that. AND she is quoted in the new Interweave Knits. (~le sigh~).

I had all the kids in the world today. The baby was clingy and the nephew... well, he's a great kid, but he will dink around and take 45 minutes to eat a hotdog but the second he swallows the last bite he's suddenly in a big 'ol huge hurry to get to the next thing. "Can we go now?" "No." "Cause I really want to go." "Noted, we'll go in awhile."

The cool thing about the nephew is that we end up in these existential discussions. He's, you know, six... but the things that come out of his mouth are astounding.
"How did dogs get made?"
"God made them"
"What about cats?"
"God."
"And grass and telephone poles and McDonalds?"
"God made the heavens and the earth and everything in between."
"I thought God was a spirit."
"He's the spirit that made all that stuff." (This from Bean).
"Oh. Who made God?"
"Nobody and nothing. God wasn't made, God just is."
"He just appeared one day?"
"Nope, he just exists. He always was and he always will be."
"Can we go to Krispy Kreme? I like chocolate donuts."

Last time it was that you should always choose life over death, even if life is crappy sometimes, because if you die you can't have pizza anymore.

I love that kid. He's the coolest thing since Bean.

Ok. Must try to sleep. There's a Leave it to Beaver marathon on TVLand right now... if that doesn't do it I don't know what I'll do. I used to count sheep, but lately all that does is make me want to learn to spin...
'Cause I've got time for that!

Night all!

0 comments: