BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Back in the saddle again...

I got an email today from Weight Watchers (tricky bastards, how'd they know how much garlic dip and jerk chicken I ate last night?) They said if I re-join now they'll remove the sign-up fee. I stepped on the scale, fainted, crawled back to the computer and clicked "for the love of god, yes". Seriously, I'm like, two steps away from being on Springer or Maury or whoever is scheduling fat shows this year.

So far today I've had 3 stupid points. I just finished my healthy snack of carrots and broccoli.
(bleh - no Ranch Dressing).
I'm not happy.

When I try to diet a civil war breaks out. Half of my head says, "Good. It's about frickin' time - how about an egg-white omelet with roasted bell peppers and mushrooms?" and the other half says "Did you know that Ben and Jerry's is on sale? Oh, and remember those soft sugar cookies?!? They're on sale too. You know what would be really good? A loaf of buttered white bread with sugar on it."

And, of course, I'm readying myself to go back to the gym...
That half of me that wants all of the bad food is reacting to this whole diet and exercise plan like my nephew reacts to bath time. Lots of screaming and stamping of feet and pouting.

Here's the great thing about Weight Watchers, though... tonight is a Knit in Public meeting and we're meeting at Panera - certain death, right? Nope. I looked up the points value for my favorite sandwich and I can work it in and still get a chocolate chip muffie. Yay me. (Grrrrrr).

I will NOT be posting my starting weight (~~SHUDDER~~) but if I do manage to stick with it I'll post my losses. I have never been a small girl - and I never will be. I'm not going to Star Jones my way into a size 4 (Is it just me or does she look better fat?!?). I honestly don't think I'd look very good if I was all stick and no figure. But healthy is good, and smaller is good.
Looking at where I am and then all the way down the scale to where I'd like to be is scaryscary - it's like starting on the top of a mountain in Oregon and walking to a beach in Texas.
So, small goal number one: I'd like to lose ten pounds.

1 comments:

Emy said...

I need to get back in the saddle too. I'm actually a WW lifetimer, but I gained back about 40 of the original 60 pounds that I lost. But then, since last August, I've lost 30 of those. Just ~10 more to go, but I've been stuck on this plateau since the beginning of the year. I do well one week, then mess it up the next; lather, rinse, repeat. I'm frustrated at myself for not being more assertive.

Anyway, not that you asked for all of MY issues. :O Good for you! A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step, and you've done that. :)