Remember a few weeks ago when I had to take a drug test for Hospice? Remember how they said if I was on any prescriptions I should let them know and it wouldn't be a problem?
It's a problem.
I got a call today from the "program integrity" person because barbituates showed up in my test.
-Yes, and I showed him the prescription for that.
-What are you taking that for?
-Migraines.
-And how often do you take it?
-Maybe 4 or 5 doses a month.
-Uh-hummmm
Now I need to have my doctor fax a letter stating that I am, in fact, entitled to take these pills for migraines, and am not, in fact, a drug stealing criminal who wants to work at hospice to steal morphine. It doesn't have to SAY all of that, necessarily, but it should at least imply that. Says the "program integrity" person, that should be enough for their investigation. Surely I can understand that their drug policy is rigid. Of course I can understand that. But I'm due to start this program in SEVEN days, and everyone has a placement already, and WHAT IF THEY DON'T WANT ME ANYMORE???????
I guess I can beg for placement at my mom's hospital. They actually have a program that would work for me.
I'm already full of anxiety about this Hospice thing, this in not at all helpful. I would take a xanax (for which I have a freaking prescription, by the way) but I don't want it to show up on a test.
Monday, July 24, 2006
Investigation?
Posted by J. Denae at 11:51 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad to hear everything worked out...Now give me some pills!
I'd just take the xanax. I mean, at this point, it's you've already taken the test :0 tee hee tee hee
Post a Comment