BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Coffee Swap Questions...

Coffee

What are your favorite kinds of coffee? (Brands, Roasts, anything at all you'd like to share!)
I am a Starbucks Junkie... but I also like coffee at home. I tend toward lighter coffee, and while I don't know a lot about coffee I know that if "Sumatra" is in the name I'll like it (sort of like I know nothing about wine, but if it's from Australia I know I won't be disappointed). I also like flavored coffees - nothing too crazy, but vanilla, hazelnut, basic flavors like that are good.

Do you prefer whole bean or ground coffee?
Unless my package is going to include a coffee grinder I need ground coffee!

This time of year, there are often Holiday Blends available, and many flavored coffees - do you drink flavored coffee? Do you enjoy special blends?
I stay away from the "pumpkin spice " and "holiday" blends... but I do like peppermint!

How do you take your coffee? Cream and Sugar? Straight up? Decaf?
Yes. Seriously, I'm a cream, no sugar girl... but Splenda has come out with little coffee flavor packets that I'd like to try.

Do you prefer drinking from a nice thick mug, or a matched cup and saucer?
Ohhhhhh... thick mug. Big enough to put your fist in. I actually shop for mugs like that - if my fist doesn't fit inside I don't buy it!

Winter and Holidays - PLEASE be descriptive! Your pal will need this information to be sure to put together a package you will enjoy!

What is your favorite part of Winter?
I love snow days - when I get to stay home, that is!! I like to make a big pot of soup and wear pj's all day and bake something so that the house stays warm and cozy.

Do you celebrate a holiday in December, and if so, which holiday?
I celebrate Christmas

If you celebrate Christmas, do you put up a tree?
Yes

Would you enjoy items related to the holiday, or would you prefer a Winter themed package?
Either is fine

Do you collect anything? Are there any holiday or winter-themed items (Snowmen, Angels, Snoflakes, Santas, etc) that you collect?
I didn't think I collected anything, but when I pulled all of the Christmas stuff out last year my husband said, "Wow, you really like snowmen."

Do you wear scarves? Mittens? Hats?
I wear scarves and I would love a pair of wrist warmers or fingerless gloves and I just haven't managed to make myself any yet!

What is your favorite holiday or winter treat?
Peppermint ice cream... but that is not very helpful is it? I like peppermint and chocolate and nuts... those are all things that my mom has out during the holidays so I associate those things with holiday treats... I also loooooooove hot chocolate and marshmallows. I have been known to mix my hot chocolate with coffee instead of hot water or milk.

Please share a favorite Winter or Holiday memory.
Every year on Christmas Eve we have a late lunch at my Grandmother's house - nothing fancy, just soup and sandwiches and presents. Last year she moved into an assisted living facility and there just wasn't enough room for all of us to go at the same time. My husband and I had just moved in to our first house so we hosted the Christmas Eve lunch. I felt like a grown up, and I was finally able to use some of the serving dishes we got as wedding gifts!!

Yarn and Crafting

Do you Knit or Crochet? For how long?
I knit - I learned several years ago and in the last two years it has become an obsession.

Do you like wooden, metal, or plastic needles\hooks? Circular or straight?
I like wooden... but my tension tends to snap them in half... metal or plastic is better. I don't have a circular or straight preference over all... it depends on the project.

What sort of projects do you enjoy making?
I mostly knit socks... but I'm moving on to bigger projects!

What are your favorite types of yarn to work with?
Washable! I am not a big fan of novelty yarn, but I love soft and squishy yarns.

Do you spin or dye?
Nope

Do you do other crafts such as scrapbooking or needlepoint or anything else?
No, but I am interested in learning to quilt.

General

When is your birthday?
June 18

Do you have any children? (Furry kind count!)
One daughter (11), two cats and a husband

What are your favorite colors?
Purples, greens and blues... and pink.

Do you have any allergies?
Nope!

2 comments:

Cerise said...

Don't even mention to my mother that you want to learn how to quilt, or she will kidnap you and MAKE YOU LEARN! She did this to a coworker. Run away!

Anonymous said...

Greetings from your Coffee Swap partner! I'm looking foward to learning more about you.