BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, October 08, 2007

I'm Alive!!

I survived the worst sinus infection I have had in a looooong time. Seriously. I was pleased to discover that it was not strep throat. Really surprised considering how bad my throat felt, but pleased. My doctor advised me to talk as little as possible because my throat was so raw.
Right. I'll just sign my air shift. That will probably work. Non-verbal cues are really effective on the radio.

I stayed in bed all weekend, with the exception of a few hours on Saturday when I went to the grocery store and bought the ingredients for real macaroni and cheese and then I made it and then I went back to bed with a big ol' bowl of it. Yum-o.
I'm still not 100% but I am feeling much more human today.

I (accidentally, I swear) left my monkey socks at work this weekend so was therefore FORCED to cast on for the Queen of Cups socks. In Knitpicks Risatta. Let me just say that the only thing I don't like about this yarn is that it doesn't come in pink or purple. It's squishy and stretchy and there is no splitting. None. It's twisty. Oh... that's the only other thing I don't like about this yarn - it's not at Twist and I have to order it online rather than supporting my LYS.

So poor Bean!! She also has a sinus infection and the Dr. said that we needed to look at her tonsils again in a month. Apparently every time she goes in her tonsils are swollen and it's better to remove them as a child than in adulthood. She said, "I'm going to stop going places because every time I have an appointment someone wants me to have surgery!" She's actually pretty good-natured about it and I think that while she is afraid of surgery in general she's not overly upset about all of this.

I love that kid.

Start thinking up some good meal-in-a-blender recipes for me... we're looking at a very liquid Christmas. And I don't mean that in the financially liquid or the alcohol-ly liquid way.

Well, maybe a little alcohol. You know, for mommy's nerves.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your and Bean's sinuses. Sinus infections are miserable and long lasting!

I had my tonsils out when I was a junior in high school--it was a rough year with lots and lots of tonsil infections! I still can't stand jello, and I got sick and tired of ice cream. (Hmm...maybe I need another tonsillectomy.)

I finished your washcloth last night, and your soap arrived today! Just need to pick up a few things and your package will be on its way.

Your Dishcloth Pal

Lara said...

Hmmm, blender recipes. huh? How about roast beef and baked potatoes in the blender? Oh, throw in some peas for your veggies. No? How about PB&J in the blender? With chocolate milk. What? You don't like my ideas? I am so offended!

;)

Glad you are on the road to recovery. Lots of hugs to Bean. And I promise, the worst thing I would inflict on her is a fruit smoothie with no fruit chunks. (And no allergens.)