BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, October 15, 2007

Breast Cancer Awareness Month

My grandmother was a beautiful woman. She was creative and funny and generous. She was the most centered and loving person in my world. She read to me from the second I was born. She could look at you and sew a dress that would fit perfectly. She sang to me for hours when I was sick or couldn't sleep. She could make breakfast on a Saturday morning an event - "good" dishes and presents. She always knew how to make bad days good and good days better.
She died when I was twelve after a 4-year fight with breast cancer.
I miss her every single day.

Every one of us has a story like that, or knows someone with a story like that.
This month I encourage you all to give what you can to your local Breast Cancer research fund.
Every month I encourage you to self-check and remind the women in your life to self-check.
Schedule your mammograms, take vitamins with antioxidants.
Exercise.

I found a pattern for Breast Cancer Awareness Socks... knit them in memory of someone you love, knit them to remind yourself to take care of yourself, knit them to remind others that this is a disease that needs a cure.

0 comments: