BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Anniversary greetings

It's our anniversary today. Three years of wedded... reality. Nothing at all blissful about reality is there?
I looked through my posts from this time last year - we were closing on the house and the husband's dad was getting worse and worse. I was settling into my stressful routines at Hospice and school and work. I remember feeling like I was so tired and stressed out that there was no way that things could get more tiring or stressful. Silly me.
I don't know that things are more tiring and stressful than last year... but it's certainly not less.

So here's where we are: we are no longer talking about divorce. Is is still an option? Maybe. I think that is ultimately true of every married couple regardless of what they may think. You never know when someone you think you know better than you know yourself is going to flip you on your ass. But we're working on it.

He has a doctor's appointment on Thursday to talk about anti-anxiety medicine.
I will continue to work on thinking of him as a husband rather than as a case study or a client.
He is more actively looking for a job.
I am trying to become more organized and less cluttered.
He is drinking less.
I am working on my spending habits - which includes making a real effort to eat at (or from) home significantly more. (More on that later...)
We are parenting together - and in conjunction with the ex and the idiot stepmother - more effectively.
We are working on making our relationship more "people who love each other" and less "people who happen to live in the same house but rarely interact."
Sometimes in marriage I think that's a pretty lofty goal!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! And good luck with the other things. It's hard work, and hopefully worth it in the end.

Lara said...

Happy Anniversary!

Marriage is hard work. That whole "happily ever after" we were fed as kids, so mean!

Miss ya, see ya soon.

Gwen said...

Your efforts to improve your marriage are very admirable.