BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Crazy Tiger Fortune Cookie Monkey Socks

(Great title, right? I suck at thinking up clever titles but this one just sort of came out. I know it makes no sense, but that just works right along with the crazy aspect).

I was on my way in to work tonight and I saw a tiger riding a bicycle.
That is, I saw a person in a tiger suit riding a bicycle.
Somehow that little distinction doesn't make me feel any less crazy. I wish someone else had been in the car with me just so I could have said, "Hey look at that tiger riding a bicycle!" And the other person would have said either, "Weird!" or "What tiger?" Then at least I'd know.
I know that I have been working a lot lately and I am just recovering from a sinus infection, but surely that was not a hallucination. Right?
Speaking of crazy, we had dinner with my mother in law last night. It was more or less ok... she started going on and on about the husband and his health issues and I tried my super secret social worker tricks to get her to talk about other stuff, but she could only be so distracted for so long. I finally said, "Look, he's fine. He saw the doctor, she was really happy with his weight and blood pressure, we have everything else under control." What I didn't say was, "So back off you crazy, suffocating black hole of negativity!"
I should win some kind of self-editing award.
It's like reading a fortune cookie anymore... you know how everyone adds "in bed" to the fortune and when you're eating Chinese food with your kid or your grandmother you don't actually say "in bed" but everyone is thinking it... when I say pretty much anything to my mother in law I'm thinking "So back off you crazy, suffocation black hole of negativity" at the end of it.
I am two repeats and a toe away from completing my monkey socks. I had a serious yarn malfunction and had to cut a large-ish tangle of yarn out of the middle of the skein so I bought another skein of yarn just in case. I really thought there was no way I could finish without it but it looks like I might just have enough after all. I think I'll make some ankle socks for myself with whatever is left over. Now I just need to (patiently) wait for the few monkey things I ordered to get here! I plan to mail my Monkey socks and my wash cloth on Friday. Yay!

0 comments: