We're waiting on some potentially serious test results for the husband. He's been in a lot of pain for about a week and has been more or less unable to walk since Friday.
Consequently, he has also been SMOKING in the DEN which is making my entire house smell like ASS.
I am trying to maintain perspective on this.
It's a short-term solution and the non-smoking ban will go back in place as soon as he can hobble his own ass outside. I'm trying to think of it as a long, drawn-out party in which everyone I know is chain-smoking.
I am also going to be in trouble if it ever comes out that Febreeze causes any kind of illness.
His knee is huge and he did not fall or overtly injure in in any way. His knee is apparently on strike. His father was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis when he was this age so that is a scary possibility. There is also the possibility that he has some kind of immune deficiency. And that is sort of scary, too. He had x-rays and blood tests today. The x-rays were fine - she said there doesn't appear to be any fracture or breakdown in the structure of the bone. We should know more - if only about what it isn't tomorrow.
Neither of us slept much last night. It was so bad that every time he moved he would scream. We've been focusing on the immediate needs today - it took me an hour to get him out of the house. I was ready to call an ambulance and let the EMT's figure it out, but he was determined to get to the doctor's office on our own steam. Stubborn man.
My co-workers have been amazing. I didn't go in at all today and they really pulled together and made it work. I am so lucky in so many ways.
He's asleep now, and I'm going to Febreeze the living room once more and try to get some sleep, too.
Monday, October 29, 2007
I hate waiting.
Posted by J. Denae at 10:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Honey! Let me know if you need anything, if only an emergency Febreeze infusion.
Yikes! I hope he gets better soon! Please call me if you need anything. Even if you just need to talk or vent!
Me, too, if you need anything. (Especially yarn, because I have that.) Keeping you all in my thoughts.
Post a Comment