BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

So what's with the PINK?

I know, right?
I changed from green to pink in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month, but it's cheering me up a little, so it might just stay.
I had some friends over last night to knit and eat bad food so I (gasp) cleaned my house... well, parts of my house. The parts people were likely to see. I did neglect to close the bedroom door in time and I think my friend D saw the inside of my bedroom. With the light on. I am sufficiently embarrassed.
Here's how bad my bedroom is: you know how open and honest I am on this blog about pretty much everything that is going on in my life? I would never ever post a picture of my bedroom in it's current state. Never. I would rather reveal my actual weight. I would rather wear a bright yellow t-shirt with my weight printed in big letters on the front than post a picture of my bedroom in it's current state.
Seriously.
Anyway, the things that don't belong in the living room were removed and I swept and mopped the wood floors. The bathroom was fairly clean to begin with, but all of the underpants and socks were moved to a laundry basket and covered discretely with a towel.
When I am sick or really busy at work our house and everyone in it tends to go feral. I was sick for a few weeks and now I'm getting ready for Pledge Drive. My house was starting to revert back to jungle and we were starting to lose the opposable feature of our thumbs so last night I cleaned and tonight we're cooking and eating as a family. At the table. With forks and real plates.
And then I'm going to take a nap instead of cleaning my room.
So there.

1 comments:

Gwen said...

The color pink (and roes quartz) have been known to positively affect one's self-esteem.