
I started the Totally Autumn blanket in Nashua Creative Focus - 75% wool, 25% alpaca. There is pink fuzz all over me and I think that I got some alpaca fuzz in my eye.
Not good.
The yarn though? Gooooooood.
I hate that I love this yarn. It's so soft and so nice to knit with that I want to knit my entire life out of it. Also, it comes in many fine colors and is not that expensive and I can get it at Twist. But it's wool and alpaca. Wool + alpaca = no washey. Wool and alpaca require care and attention.
Sigh.
The person I am knitting it for has no children (to spill things or, you know, pee on it). She is careful with fabrics and she also crochets so she will understand the time/energy commitment and will therefore be careful so I am comfortable knitting this lovely blankie for her.
I love this yarn so much that I didn't mind casting on - my least favorite part of knitting. And the pattern calls for 9 rows of garter stitch before you get to the pattern and even that was more fun than garter stitch ought to be.
I realized that i never posted a finished picture of Kerri's garter so here it is!
I got to pretend to be a yarn shop girl last night! It was fun!! Shelly was teaching a class so she showed Becca and Angelique and I how to run the register. Between the three of us we managed not to lose customers or money... so success! I forgot how exhausting it is to work in retail!! Even when it's something that you love. I don't know how Shelly does it, but I'm glad she does.


On another topic entirely...
So all of the news about MRSA and the yucky transmittable stuff that apparently doesn't have a real cure is FREAKING ME OUT!
I want to live in a bubble.
Or maybe just start wearing latex gloves all the time.
Ick.
If I see you and don't hug you or something please don't be offended... It's not you, it's mrsa.
Friday, October 19, 2007
There is an Alpaca in my Eye!
Posted by J. Denae at 2:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Don't feat. I had a MRSA infection and it was cured with another antiobiotic (Cipro, I think.) I just have a little scar on my knee, no surgery or anything. It's not ALWAYS fatal.
Post a Comment