Still in pain, still grumpy, still smoking. You know, in my house.
I'm going to complain about him here... keep in mind that I do love him and I want him to feel better, but taking care of anyone who is in pain and grumpy and smoking in your house can get to you.
I stayed home with him again today - the people I work with are amazing. I did go in around 3 for an hour, but that was just to give myself a reason to shower. And I had to go to the grocery store.
It really is like having an infant again, he needs something about every two hours and I can't leave him alone.
And when I got to work it was so nice to see everyone... you know, everyone who did not need me to get them more water or empty their pee cup.
Too much?
Thought so.
Sorry.
It was nice to have grown-up conversations.
Better?
Anyway, he is now grumpier because the doctor's office did not call today. I am assuming that they did not get the labs back in as they hoped. He is assuming that he has cancer and she just didn't want to tell him. Those Cancer Treatment Center commercials? Also not helping.
I am clearly not designed for care taking.
In other news, my mother in law has clearly hit her head on something really hard. Yesterday she acknowledged that I have a second job and he has no job so therefore the fact that we are out of money has nothing at all to do with me and my spending habits.
Then she wrote us a big check. And also gave me cash to get dinner so that I wouldn't have to cook "after all I had been through." You know, taking him to the doctor and making sure they drew blood.
And by big check I mean two house payments and some yarn... just kidding (not really, I'll probably buy yarn). Two house payments and utilities and groceries. And yarn.
Well, regardless of what I spend the money on I can't say anything mean about her for at least another month.
I am going to work tomorrow... and then tomorrow night is Halloween, which I traditionally spend at Andie's house. I'll be there for at least a little bit, but depending on how he does all day by himself I might have to cut the evening short.
Ditto with Thursday knitting.
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Stillllll Waiting.
Posted by J. Denae at 9:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Poor baby, it sucks to take care of sick people. At least babies usually don't smoke. Hmmm...poo-poo or cigarette smell. I can't decide which one is worse! At least he's not waking you up early to have sex...
Post a Comment