BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

To join or not to join...

The deadline is approaching... I have to decide if I want to be part of the Blue Moon Socks that Rock club again this year.

It seems like a no-brainer. I love (love love love) BMFA. I love the squishiness of the yarn. My Clapotis is around my shoulders right now. I love the colors and the exclusivity... and you all know how much I love joining things.

But... of the four patterns that have been sent so far I have started one and completed zero. And they're not increasing the size of the club this year, so the only way for new people to get a chance to join is for people like me to drop out.

Wouldn't it make more sense to use that money to:
A) buy BMFA yarn of my own choosing and use one of the many (many) pattern books full of socks and/or free sock patterns on the Internet

B) find another sock club and see if I like those patterns better. Like this one from Yarn Pirate.

or (and this is my favorite)

C) Spend that money at Twist instead. I have lots of sock yarn... I'm not saying I have enough sock yarn. Heavens no. That's like saying I have enough oxygen or Oreos. But maybe I should use the sock yarn that I already have (which, by the way, includes at least 10 skeins of BMFA already) and buy yarn from Shelly for other projects. And also sock yarn. There's going to be a sock club at Twist in January anyway.

So, decision made. No Socks that Rock for me. Good times.
Hi, Shelly? There will be large purchases at the beginning of the year... be prepared. (Heh heh heh).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As much as I love STR, the price of the sock club has kept me from joining. If I knew that I would not buy any other sock yarn over the year, I could justify it. I was happy to find a smaller, cheaper sock club to join.

But yes, I will be tempted again.

FIA Pal

K. Anne said...

mmmm...i saw some of the yarn pirate colors on ravelry. i may have to join also!