I keep having the same dream over and over and over. It's very unpleasant, so I will spare you the details, but it is about Bartleby and it is horrifying and it won't go away.
It also makes me not want to sleep.
At all.
I don't have the dream every night, but the threat of it - the possibility of it - is enough to keep me shaky.
So on very little sleep I feel fragile and easily spun. And incredibly needy. And insecure.
Needy like, "Hi, please spend lots of time with me so I don't have to be so alone!"
I actually like spending time alone.
Insecure like, "You love me, right? Tell me again. And again."
I am not this girl.
So I have been maybe a little withdrawn... and maybe a little quiet...
Because I don't want to overwhelm everyone around me with my neediness and insecurity.
Now I know how Sammie feels when I leave for a few days.
When I come home she is all over me and very insistent about the petting and scratching.
And she has this purring meow that sounds like "Me-Row?"
I think Me-Row means, "Oh my god you're back! Why did you leave your kitty alone for so long? Don't you know that I love you and need you to open the food bag and also scratch my ears?"
Eventually she realizes that I'm not going to leave and I do love her and she calms down.
So, Me-Row.
I'll be better in a few days.
Wednesday, July 02, 2008
Me-Row?
Posted by J. Denae at 1:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I hope the bad dreams go away.
I know it's not the same, but when my grandpa died, I had terrible, nonsensical, horrible dreams. They eventually faded.
Recurring nightmares do me in too-- you have my sympathies
I do love you, and you are my best friend! And I will repeat as necessary.
PTSD sucks. I'm sorry - When I have the dreams I try to get a ritual going before bed, a little meditation or quiet soothing music.
Post a Comment