The heat has left us all brain-dead and sluggish. The only thing that sounds good is lemonade over lots of crushed ice, trashy books and shade... and also a nap.
I think the heat is getting to me. That, and I am in one of those weird transition points where I'm waiting for a lot of stuff to happen and it's all going to happen all at once. My part-time job is over next Sunday, my full-time job becomes part-time on the 10th, school starts soon which means the student loan fairy will be visiting soon (not soon enough!) and my job at the VA starts somewhere in that mix too.
But right now I'm just waiting.
Waiting and trying not to get into any sort of routine because it's all going to change really soon.
I have all of these knitting projects that have stalled out in the heat, too... I knit three stitches and then need a nap.
I think what I need is a nice, crisp autumnal breeze. I need to feel a little chill.
Need to firm up my poor, melted brain.
But it's July in Kansas. Which is just the warm-up (no pun intended) to August in Kansas. Which is NOTHING compared to September. In Kansas.
Maybe I'll just go buy a bunch of crushed ice from Sonic and fill my bathtub. I'll be wallowing in the icy cool if you need me!
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
H-O-T!
Posted by J. Denae at 2:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i could easily disconnect your hot water heater again.
Make sure you point a fan at your tub. Cool jazz also helps. (But please be careful with the power cords.)
Post a Comment