Ugh.
Today has been one long session of itty-bitty nitpicky whiny things that needed to be fixed on the announcer logs.
I started my day with a TWO HOUR meeting with the most whiny and nitpicky announcer, and moved on from there. I am nowhere close to being done with this... and with the program that we use, if you want to make a teeny-tiny change it requires eleventy-billion steps and takes ten minutes.
Andie (who is my best friend, but also my boss) sat in on the meeting... I think to make sure I wasn't openly hostile to the announcer. He apparently kept telling her about all of these "problems" with the log - but would never tell me. When we all sat down together he could only think of five of them... three of which he and I had already talked about. One was fixed already, one doesn't have a solution and one is something I need GM clearance to take away. The other two things took almost the entire 2 hours.
Then came the GM's demands and the underwriter guy's demands... and they don't actually understand the program well enough to know what they want and why I can't give it to them. AND they weren't even PRESENT for this meeting. They sent their demands through Andie.
I don't mind making log changes... I really don't. But I hate hate hate when changes are demanded that can't be done. And I hate hate hate that nobody understands that NOTHING with this system is a quick and easy fix.
Then Andie and I went to lunch.
Now I am sitting at my desk with my iPod on full blast, working away... It's a nice change, actually. The last few weeks of not having anything at all to do was making me crazy!
And this kind of work means that everyone will just go away and leave me alone!!
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Drudgery
Posted by J. Denae at 4:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment