OK.
So When Lori came in to tell me that she was going to the ER I said, "Oh, do you need me to go in with Griffen?" (He's 3). She said, "No, Gene is staying." I said, "Oh."
She kept standing there so I finally said, "Do you need me to go with you?"
Because I am a sucker. And also? Nobody should go to the ER alone. Not even Lori who is at the ER a lot.
Saturday they just left... but called me before I got off work to tell me they weren't there anymore. But I was so tired from the night before that I was OK with that. They did leave me a box of Einstein Bagels with yummy schmear... so I had breakfast and then took a nap before I got up to make dinner. Sorry... to make the sides for dinner.
They did pick up Gene's son on their way out of town. He actually lives with them and was just in town for a month visiting his mother. So the trip wasn't a total waste.
And I got to eat dinner with That Bad, Bad Man and his son and Bean... so it wasn't a total waste for me either.
In fact, the only waste was the temper tantrum that the idiot-stepmother threw about something that didn't even happen anyway.
And honestly? I was so tired by Saturday night that I didn't want anyone in my house. I was actually happy to have everyone go away so I could sleep.
Monday, July 21, 2008
Some Answers
Posted by J. Denae at 11:04 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
And leftover pork loin makes great quesadillas.
Thanks, I feel better now.
Yeah, but it was still not exactly polite guest behavior. Emily Post and I do not approve. They should have been more like you--the easiest and most agreeable guest ever!
Post a Comment