BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Not Not Depressed?

I had this whole post written about how I feel sort of blank and anhedonic.

I'm not depressed, at least not in the classic sense, I just really want to sit very still and not move or think or even breathe for a few days.

Then I realized I hadn't taken my Cymbalta for a few days.

So I am not not depressed after all.

Mystery solved, moving along.

I had a dream last night that Bartleby and I were going to a B&B for our anniversary. In the dream it was a B&B we had been to before (we never went to a B&B in "real life", not once). The owner of the B&B met us at the door and went on and on about how terrible he looked so he left and I checked in by myself. She felt terrible, and I explained that he had lost a lot of weight recently because he had been sick and almost died but that he was doing much better now.
Then I spent some time on the phone with him trying to convince him to come back and just enjoy the weekend with me.

I wasn't exactly disappointed that he was gone... I wasn't surprised at all, and I didn't honestly expect him to come back. In the dream I felt very matter of fact about that. I wasn't mad or disappointed or upset. I was just going to spend some time alone. On the phone with him it was all very half-hearted... (we certainly played that scene out a thousand times before he died).

I went upstairs to my room and the owner was there diapering and dressing Cabbage Patch Kids. I just wanted her to leave so that I could take a nap and she kept saying, "Almost done!"

Um... oooooooooo-kaaaaaaaay.

I know where the rest of it comes from, but that end part? With the Cabbage Patch Kids? Not a freaking clue.

At least the dreams have stopped with the scary and become more normal.

1 comments:

Cerise said...

Dreams are supposed to be surreal, aren't they? Maybe the Cabbage Patch kids were about saying goodbye to wanting to have another kid? I don't know. Freud would say they mean you want a penis. That's what he said about all women, though.