Soooooo.... yeah.
By the time I left work yesterday I was dreading spending time with the entire-damn-family. I mean, my sister and I get along in theory, but I just mostly wanted to take a nap, eat some food and swim. I got to mom and dad's and nobody was there. Nobody.
Mom called my cell phone and said that my sister wasn't coming because her friend Sherri (white-trash whore) didn't have anywhere to go for the 4th so they were going to stay home and cook out with her. (I would just like to point out that in that situation I would so TOTALLY have just invited my friends to come, too. MY friends are well-behaved enough to spend time with my parents).
ANYWAY, mom and dad had gone to another cookout for a few hours and then my uncle was going to come over and the four of us would eat steak.
So I took a long nap, ate some steak, watched a movie while we waited for it to get dark, and then we got into our suits and floated in the pool while the neighbors put on a fantastic firework show. It was honestly the best 4th of July I've had in a long time. Floating in the water in the dark with green and purple and orange and white sparkly exploding overhead.
I think my mom was hurt that nobody else came, but dad seemed relieved... I think for him (and, frankly, the rest of us as well) the grand kids are great one at a time, but all at once can be overwhelming.
The sucky thing is that I'm working both jobs today and I feel like hammered shit. I didn't sleep well last night (quelle surprise) and now I have badbadbad heartburn. The reflux kind that makes you feel like you have been drinking battery acid. Good times.
Hope your 4th was fun!
Saturday, July 05, 2008
Family Fun (!)
Posted by J. Denae at 8:16 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm glad you had a nice relaxing 4th!!
Floating in a pool at night watching fireworks sounds so cool!
My brother and sister just recently told me what they do for heartburn. They swallow a small amount of apple cider vinegar. I tried it. I think I got too much and my face turned red. I thought I would puke, so I put some gum in my mouth quickly. After a minute, which seemed longer, the unpleasantness was gone. That's been about a week and a half ago. I haven't had heartburn since. I think my guts are afraid I'll feed them vinegar again so they've been behaving.
Post a Comment