BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

Today has been very productive.
I woke and decided to color my hair (instead of running right off to work or cleaning or mowing the front yard). I did clean a little while my color was processing... I'm not completely lazy and worthless!

As I was stepping out of the shower my phone rang - it was Shelly wondering if I had time for lunch. I said, "Where would you like to go?"
We had sandwiches and soup and gelato. (I love you, gelato!)

Then I went to work for a little bit and realized that it would make much more sense to go to the grocery store in the afternoon and then mow when I get home rather than trying to shop at 5:30 when every other idiot in the world is also shopping... so I left work for an "errand" and came back with a car full of groceries. My perishables are in the fridge... I just hope I don't forget them tonight when I leave!!

Coloring my hair and having lunch and grocery shopping are such better uses of my time than sitting at my desk pretending to work. All of the bosses are out of town for the rest of the week so the place is more or less deserted anyway. (And the Dream Engineer just walked past my desk and said, "Hey, your hair is reddish today." Which is a total understatement. My hair is NEON fucking red today... but he's a boy and he noticed!! I love that about him).

When I get home I HAVE to finish mowing. I just have to. No more putting it off. (Ugh). And then I have to finish cleaning and then I have to finish my final paper for my class... and I have to find some time to practice caramel sauce. Mmmmmm. Caramel sauce.
I was supposed to go to Twist tonight for KIP but clearly I should stay home and get things done. (Princesses do not like deadlines).

Gene and Lori and the babies are going to be here by the time I get home tomorrow... and by then my paper will be handed in and my house will either be clean or it won't... so I have 24 hours of busy before I can just relax and enjoy my weekend.

Saturday that Bad, Bad Man is making dinner... well... he's cooking the main course. I am making mashed potatoes and salad and bread pudding, but he will get the kudos for "making dinner." (Understand that I am not complaining. I am merely stating a fact. Carry on, Master Chef). There will be 8 of us for dinner... so I also need to go home and count my plates... I probably still have 8, but we might be eating off of Chinet. Also? I know I do not have 8 chairs... so we will be eating buffet-style where we land. (I'm thinking kids at the table, adults in the living room). Awesome. I am SUCH a grownup.

0 comments: