I do not have pneumonia. Or bronchitis. I have done some damage to my bronchial passages from all the coughing and that needs to heal. I got a breathing treatment and an inhaler and now that I can actually breathe I'm doing better. It's amazing what a little oxygen will do!
Dr. N has a cutie-pie student working with her and I liked him a lot. Most of her students are the nervous, quiet type. He came in and examined me first and made his initial diagnosis and then he waited with me for her to get there. He asked why I didn't come in when I had the flu and I said, "Leave my house, spend $20 and infect your waiting room so that you could tell me to go home and rest and get lots of fluids?" He still looked a little confused and Dr. N said, "Nurse's daughter."
Damn straight.
There are times when you are sick that you need to see the doctor... and there are times when you just do not. There are things that even modern medicine can't fix.
So I'm good... and with the inhaler I'm a little jazzed up.
I'm also knitting wee, tiny socks. The cast on is 20 stitches. That's wee.
Tonight is Final Friday - galleries and other businesses downtown are open late and there is art and fun and a trolley that takes you to the various places for free. Andie and Michelle and I went last month and this month Sally is coming too!! We're going to have dinner and then get some art on and then maybe see a movie.
Michelle and Andie are both still getting over the crud, too, so we might end up eating a fabulous dinner and then just sit there and talk instead. Art, schmart... the best part is the eating and the talking anyway, right?
Have a great weekend everyone!
Friday, March 28, 2008
On the Mend
Posted by J. Denae at 10:30 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sounds like a really great night. I'm glad you're on the mend and can enjoy it.
A co-worked keeps telling me to go to the doctor because I have my second bout of the crud. I'm not a nurse's daughter, but I'm with you. There's nothing that can help besides rest and fluids.
I'm knitting a tiny sock this weekend, too!
Have a great weekend! :)
Glad to hear you're on the mend. Have fun with the art stuff!
Post a Comment