BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Dear Scary Google

Please stop reading my email and making judgments about my life. I know that I am sometimes a little slow on the uptake and you are, you know, Google and all... and I'm sure that the omnipotence makes you a little less patient with the trials and tribulations of mortals, but I'm never going to learn anything for myself if you tell me what decisions to make every time. So no more subtle hints, OK??

Thanks!

J

... So I got an email from Knitpicks. The "Sponsored Links" were all about bankruptcy. Seriously. I'm not sure what triggered that. Usually they're about yarn. I got an email from a friend that included a conversation about dinner and the "Sponsored Links" were about losing weight. Yesterday I got an email from a male friend (Classic Coke) and the "Sponsored Links" included these titles: "Why He Manipulates You" and "Understand Why Men Leave?"

For the love of all things soft and woolly.

I was like, "Mom?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, Google needs to stop trying to manipulate you. LOL

Patti said...

don't you just hate when people make assumptions about you - much worse when machines start to.

Hi from wee tiny sock swapper!