BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, March 24, 2008

Deadline

Despite my concern that I will experience some kind of mental break once the immediate stress of this has passed I am still really want this over as soon as possible.

I talked to my lawyer today... remember how I said we could serve him with a summons and then he had 20 days to respond and then if he didn't respond the judge would end the marriage after 60 days? Apparently the 60 day clock has been running this whole time!! They're going to serve him sometime this week and he still has 20 days to respond, but as long as he doesn't contest anything this will all be over by April 28th.

That's a month away.

I can hold on for another month.

Just keep breathing.

8 comments:

Amy said...

I'm so glad there is now a definite date for you to focus on. Light at the end of the tunnel.

Emma said...

That's good news! Not much longer now.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm glad this is a light at the end of the tunnel for you...

oh, and guess what? You're my Monkey sock swap pal! I've got perfect yarn for you sitting right here in front of my computer...and I'm casting on oh, maybe tonight...or tomorrow...

Princessliak said...

I think that you can do about anything unpleasant if you know an end date to your misery. A friend of mine told me about his "divorce" party - they had cake and people gave him presents. Tee hee.

Anonymous said...

One month and counting!!! WOO HOO!!

Lara said...

Oh, yay! A concrete date is wonderful.

I know it's not the same as a divorce, but even though I know there are still challenges to be dealt with after our move, I'm beyond thrilled to have it happening.

Cerise said...

Hallelujah! Yes, cake and presents will definitely be needed after this is all over. Possibly margaritas, too. That's what you're going to do--not break down, but celebrate. Even if you cry a little bit, too, that's okay.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Fantastic news for you! It must feel good to know that it won't be too much longer.