BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Exhale

(Don't get too excited, Bartleby is still in residence... though there are more boxes in the living room. He is at least showing evidence of leaving).

My "Fraternal Twins" socks have been frogged. I kept getting to the end of the round with too many stitches. Eventually those socks were going to fit Sasquatch. My feet are big... but not that big. I will be starting over... though I haven't yet decided if I want to try to make them match. There is only so much fiddling with the yarn I can do. I just want to make interconnecting loops. I don't want to fiddle with it. Maybe I'll get one of my fiddly friends to help me figure out where to start... Hi Lara! See you later tonight!!

In other news... remember my New Year's Resolution to make better choices for myself? I think I'm doing pretty well with that. Strange opportunities are opening up and I'm feeling really good about what I'm doing with those opportunities. It's not about "finding" myself... I know where I am now. It's about doing the things that I want to do and not feeling bad or guilty or selfish about them. It's about putting myself first so that I am better able to be the kind of friend/mother/lover/employee/volunteer/student that I want to be. It's about being happy. Really happy.

Damn, I'm a busy girl. Good thing that I am exhaling.

2 comments:

Lara said...

Hi!

I haven't gotten my March sock club stuff yet. Tomorrow. But I'll look at yours and see if I can figure out what the heck you're doing. :p

Cerise said...

I know you want to catapult him out, but why are you packing his stuff for him? Sorry, you are way too nice. Have you seen the trash bag adds, where the girlfriend is yelling and pitching stuff out of the window and the guy is stuffing all his junk into one giant trash bag? I think you'd enjoy watching it.