A few days ago it was 70 degrees here. I got home and not only was the heater on but Bartleby had turned it up to 77. We've been playing this little heater game all winter. I prefer the heater to stay at 68. Even if it's below freezing outside. I say, put on another pair of socks and wrap up in a blanket.
Also? Cleaning helps raise your core body temperature. Try that.
I turned it off.
First of all, it is WARM outside. There is no reason to heat the house when it is WARM outside.
Second, he does not contribute to the (climbing) gas bill so he does not get a vote.
Third, it is totally ecologically irresponsible to run the heater at that temperature.
Finally, HE DOES NOT GET A VOTE!
So yesterday I noticed it was back on, and back at 77. I turned it off.
I got up this morning and guess what? Yup. 77. I turned it off.
I don't want this to turn into a war... I mean, my first impulse was to go to the breaker box and turn the power off to the den... but he's at home alone all day while I'm at work and then at Twist and I don't want him to start feeling all creative about how to retaliate.
Time to go back to the Lawyer. I have known this for awhile... I'm not sure what's been stopping me. Part of it is that I just don't want to deal with it. It makes me tired just thinking about it. I'll call on Monday.
He'll probably have the air conditioner on by then.
Saturday, March 22, 2008
The Heat War
Posted by J. Denae at 8:24 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
O-M-G!
I think that's all I have to say. Get something good out of that lawyer, because it is time to end this.
They make these little locks to go over your thermostat. They have them where I work...which tells you something about how much they trust us.
Post a Comment