I answered the door for the process server this morning.
Yay!!
I told Bartleby the door was for him and then waited while he sllllllooooooooooooooowly got up and came to the door. Then I took a shower and went to work.
He called me about an hour later and was really angry. First he wanted to know why my server was "6 days late." That confused me. Turns out he was reading _______, 20___ (the line where you can fill in when he is supposed to leave, as in March 1, 2008) as the 20th of this month. Idiot. He went on about the 20th for awhile before he figured it out. Not having seen the papers I was at a loss.
"I can't believe you'd do this. I've been sick!" He yelled. "I would never do something like this to you."
That last line? I've heard that a lot. I usually ignore it, because going there requires more time and energy than I have for him. This time I said, "Well there are a lot of things that you've done that I would never do to you. So there we are. Did you think I was just going to wait another 6 months until you 'feel good' before I tried to finalize this?"
The interesting part... judging from his comments he hasn't gotten past page one of the summons. Wonder how he's going to react when he realizes the insurance is gone.
Should be good times at my house!
I am almost done with bean's spring socks - and have 3 pairs of socks waiting (impatiently) in the wings. The March OYT socks are first, because it's almost April!! Next come the Monkey socks for the next Monkey Swap, and then the BMFA March shipment - which I totally love.
BUT FIRST!! I'm going to knit wee tiny socks. I'm going to use the leftover Bamboo Cotton from Bean's socks (if there is any!! Kid's got monster feet).
I am also moving right along with my Oblique sweater. I have made some mistakes and thought briefly about going back and fixing them, but decided against it. First, I'm lazy as sin and second, what in this world is perfect?!? Why put that kind of pressure on knitting?
Knit on, Knitters!
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
He got Served!
Posted by J. Denae at 11:43 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Woo hoo! Will be making a toast in your direction tonight.
I wonder why someone would insist on staying someplace where he was not wanted, but then I'm not Bartelby.
And I signed up for for wee socks, too! Would love to find something cute with all my bits of sock yarn.
Post a Comment