Sally and I went to a Yoga class yesterday. I have asked my body to contain me and keep standing through all of this, but I haven's asked it to be physically strong in a long time. There were poses I couldn't do anymore, and some that I could only sustain for a short time, but I did it.
After class I felt peaceful and stronger.
It is easy to forget that my body is reacting to the stress and trauma too. For the first few days after he died I was thirsty all the time. I was obviously mentally in shock... but it is easy for me to forget that the healing process is physical too.
After Yoga, Sally and I met Lara and Andie at The Best Bookstore Ever for lunch and then we went to Twist. Usually on Saturdays I settle in and stay until closing, but yesterday I found myself really tired by 4. I came home and slept until almost 9, made some dinner and then went back to bed just after midnight. Apparently I needed sleep. It didn't feel like my usual "sleep for escape," it felt more like "being OK is exhausting and I need sleep."
There is another yoga class today, but I'm going back to work at my other job tonight and I don't want to run out of energy halfway through my shift.
I think I'm just going to rest for awhile and then get ready for work.
Sunday, April 13, 2008
Yoga for Healing
Posted by J. Denae at 11:30 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment