BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Holy Kureyon it's been a long fucking week.

My foot is healing - though I was way too active yesterday (12-hour day at work) and was very swollen last night. I was up and down the hall at work a lot more than I should have been, and keeping it elevated is difficult when I'm working.

That Very Bad Man was around to make sure I stayed off of it while I was home and I slept until about 2 this afternoon.
Apparently I was tired?
He brought me hummus. And pie. And stupid 80's movies that required no thought at all.
That Very Bad Man is doing well in the taking care of me arena...
Remembering that this is NOT a Relationship is taking a decidedly larger amount of effort.
And it's not a Relationship. Really.

So I'm slammed from the pace of pledge drive to the end of the semester rush... and this year is so much worse than my usual end of semester panic. I have missed so much and been so completely unfocused that assignments have piled up.
I should be researching "massage as a treatment for addiction" right now... but clearly I am writing instead.

My Karma Dump party has been scheduled (and re-scheduled) and I think we have a firm date and a nice list of participants. Now I just need to clean my house and shop for party food. And wine. Lots of wine.

I also need to paint the den and call the DAV to come and pick up the rest of Bartleby's stuff. It's time for that all to go... way past time actually.

But back to party food... we had lunch delivered from the restaurant at the Art Museum and what I had was so good that I'm going to try to imitate it for the party... chicken and cranberries and cashews and blue cheese and pears over greens. Yum-o. (I will probably end up getting a couple of orders to go from them and arranging it in a bowl as though I made it... oh well, right?)

So I had this series of dreams last night... there were all sorts of weird things, but essentially in each one I ended up barricading myself in a room either trying to call for help or load a gun.
Seriously. I'm not having enough issues? Now my sub-conscious has become a smart ass too?

1 comments:

Bad Bad Man said...

just be sure to not plan too much as far as the coming karma backlash. you know what happens when you plan too far ahead. or too close ahead also.