No creepiness last night. Of course, I took a sleeping pill and went to bed rather than going outside in the dark by myself. That might have something to do with it, but I could be wrong.
Bean and I had a really nice time with Emilie's mom and dad. We had BBQ and talked about their recent cruise. I really really really really really really really really want to go on a cruise now. Really. They went to Nassau and Key West... sigh. Can't the widow get a cruise?!? I so need an older, rich man who just wants to adore me and buy me things. Anyone have an extra one of those hanging around?
(Oh, Emilie? I'm supposed to subtly suggest that you need to give your parents a grandchild. I offered them Bean, but I think they were hoping for a smaller model. I reminded them that they had a new granddog, but that didn't seem to be quite what they were hoping for. I tried!!)
It is Wednesday, and Wednesdays are for knitting... so knitting shall resume. I have orders on the way from Knitpicks and from The Loopy Ewe that I am hoping to get today. (I know that you're all shocked. It is so unlike me to deal with stress by acquiring new yarn). I ordered all of the Knitpicks self-striping yarn that had purple in it, along with 4 sizes of 47-inch circulars. I have some serious sock knitting ahead of me, with The Monkey Swap and Sock Wars and all... and bean has been wearing her spring socks (basic sock recipe, 2-at-once, Panda Cotton in Picnic) EVERY DAY. I have to force them off her feet and into the washing machine. It's like the "barbie dress" she had when she was 2. We had to peel it off at night, throw it in the washing machine and get it dry and back on her before she woke.
I think she's trying to tell me that she needs more mommy-made socks.
Knit on, knitters!!
Wednesday, April 09, 2008
Of Cruises and Socks
Posted by J. Denae at 11:03 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh my good gosh Jill. I did not know.
Strange. Odd. Thought provoking. Just really .... virtually no words to describe. I'm sure you know what I mean. Like "God, what kind of answer is that?"
Have you considered Sea Socks '08? Do you really want to go on a cruise?
I'm planning for Rhinebeck. I think.
Awww, I love that Bean is wearing her socks every day.
A cruise makes me feel seasick just thinking about it. But Sea Socks sounds so awesome. And tropical places sound lovely.
I love hearing that Bean loves the Panda Cotton socks so much! That's one of my favorite colors in P.Cot.
Susan at CPY
Post a Comment