BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, April 07, 2008

Back to Work

And it's actually sort of nice. Nothing here has changed and I know exactly what I'm doing.
I spent the weekend with friends, knitting and eating and getting a tattoo and watching movies and... oh you noticed that one, did you? I will have a "real and complete" post about it when I get the pictures from Andie... but I finally have some ink.

Here's an example of how my brain is working at this point:
This morning I couldn't find my glasses. They had completely disappeared. I wore them to bed, took them off in bed and lost them sometime during the night. Consequently, I had to wear my contacts today. I haven't worn contacts in maybe 2 years... at least since before we bought the house. But I knew exactly where they were. My glasses from 6 hours before? Gone from my mind. Contacts from 2 years ago? First place I looked.

Bean comes home tonight... all reports are positive on her progress this weekend. They say she was a little cuddlier than usual but otherwise doing well. I really think that we are fine. The initial shock of it was intense and I still have moments of breakdown, but for the most part I feel... not terrible. The situation had become so stressful and unlivable... I would not have wished for this ending, but it is over and we can now move on.

I had a little moment of breakdown last night and Steve said, "Even if he had moved out when he was supposed to it still would have ended this way." There was nothing I could do. He had probably been sick since before we got married and he was not the type to comply with treatment - especially treatment that a) put him anywhere near a hospital or b) required him to stop drinking.

Deep cleansing breath.

So tattoo pictures as soon as I can get them From Andie and figure out a way to show them without being obscene... heh heh heh.

3 comments:

NarcissusSue said...

I am so proud to have you as a friend.

Gwen said...

I can't wait to see it.

Anonymous said...

You naughty, naughty girl... :)

I'm glad to hear you had a good weekend and things are slowly returning back to normal. I've been thinking about you.