BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

More Ass Effects

I know that I should be all calm and full of perspective about what is and is not the "end of the world" and I'm supposed to be "learning important lessons about life, etc" following this whole death thing.

But fuck that.

I am furious.

And it's not the end of the world, but it does affect my education and my schedule for next year and that affects what kind of a future job I might get. My lovely boss at my part-time job has been "courting" me for a practicum spot at the crisis center. For months. We were supposed to meet and iron out all the details two weeks ago - but two weeks ago I was in a Xanax and grief haze so we rescheduled.

Today he told me that the university had assigned a full-time student to that spot and he didn't feel like there would be enough work for two students to have. Sorry.

So now, two months AFTER everyone else put in their practicum applications I am sitting out here with my ass hanging out. No practicum scheduled and scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Enter my secret weapon: my mommy.

My initial thought for next year was to work at the VA. I practically grew up there and it would be great experience. When I was offered the Crisis job (with pay) I jumped at it because EVERY crazy thing comes across your desk at Crisis. So I called my mom and she is going to email the Social Worker and let her know that my name will be coming across her desk. This does not guarantee anything except that she will not make a final decision until she sees me.

But what if I did not have someone on the inside? And what if she picks someone else anyway? I could end up doing my practicum at (shudder) SRS.

ASS EFFECTS! ASS EFFECTS!! ASS EFFECTS!!!

0 comments: