So I fell yesterday.
This in itself is not news. I fall all the time. Especially if there is snow or any kind of wetness (real or imagined) on the ground.
There was no wetness on the ground (real or imagined). There was nothing in my way to trip over. There wasn't even a chemically related reason. I just stepped down onto my porch and my left foot rolled sideways (with a really sickening POP) and I ended up on the ground on my back thinking, "Holy shit that is going to hurt in a second."
And it did.
I fell like this about ten years ago and heard several pops and had to be carried into the house (and then to the emergency room). It was so badly sprained that time that the doctor said it would have been better if it had broken. I was in an air cast for 6 weeks.
What with only one pop this time, and the fact that I was able to get up without being carried (mostly because this time there was nobody around to carry me) I figured I'd just go to work and see what happened from there. I could wiggle my toes and put (some) weight on it... and frankly, I really can't stand the thought of paying the $100 co-pay to go to the emergency room for some tired doctor to tell me to alternate heat and ice and keep it elevated. Seriously. I can tell myself that for free and spend that $100 on yarn. Or gelato. Or a massage. Important stuff.
Today it is bruising and swollen and not very cooperative.
I am pouting about it, and I am very sad that there is nobody at home to attend to my every need. ~sigh~
But I am STILL a lucky girl and all my friends hate me now.
Here's why:
My dad called me on Friday and said that since my mom was going to be out of town for the week he had an extra ticket to see Sheryl Crow on Tuesday... he asked if I wanted to go.
Um... let me think about it... YES!!!
I don't even care if I see the doctor and she says not to go. I'm totally going. Totally.
Sunday, April 20, 2008
Graceless but Lucky
Posted by J. Denae at 8:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Have fun at Sheryl - soak up the girl power!
How about yarn AND gelato AND the massage? You DERSERVE it. It has been a rough month for you.
And if you want someone to be a co-conspirator in the gelato/yarn thing, yell at me..
I've done the exact same thing - THREE times. My right ankle is now permanently swollen. Would have been better if I had actually broken the darn thing!!!
Post a Comment