I spent yesterday researching vacations online... which would be great, except that I can't actually GO anywhere. (Broken foot, no time, no money...)
All it did was remind me that this rut that I'm in is going to stay rutted for a while longer.
I don't know why I am so negative lately... but I can't seem to get away from it. I had a mid-level panic attack in class last night but couldn't get up and leave because of my stupid broken foot.
Let's just say that Panic + Self-pity = Pathetic.
Luckily I just had my Stoic tuned up and was able to get through it.
SO. I am not going to blog about everything that is wrong because eventually my fingers would cramp, so here are a few good things instead:
*I have gauge for SOCK WARS III. That's right, bitches, my kninja knitting skills are about to explode on your foot. I am not afraid to knit for 24-hours straight and I'm just committed enough to FedEx the socks to you overnight. That's right. I got no life and FedEx on speed dial. (woot woot).
*Saturday is gearing up to be the BEST DAY EVER. Lunch with Sally at the Best Bookstore in the World, knitting at Twist, dinner (and gelato) with Sally and Andie and (hopefully) The Fabulous Michelle and then a movie. Jealous yet? You can totally come with if you're not busy!!
*Bean made the sweetest dinner last night... she even lit a candle on the table. She wanted to make tuna casserole but she didn't think we had all the ingredients (we did) and also she didn't want to use the stove when she was home alone (smart girl). So she made tuna salad. We were out of bread so she served it on crackers. Then she decided that we needed more variety on our plates so (once I was home) she made pizza rolls to "round out" our meal. I love that kid. Tonight I promised her tuna casserole. Also I didn't promise not to put peas in it. Score! I'm thinking old school, with canned pears on the side and everything!!
*The "stimulus package" cash should be deposited soon. I could use some damn stimulus. I plan to use my stimulus to pay for school this summer and also to stimulate the local economy in the form of The Best Bookstore in the World, Twist (of course) and the Middle-Eastern restaurant near my house.
*My new water bottle from The Loopy Ewe is SO COOL!! There is no leaking. None. The crutches make it difficult to, you know, carry stuff, so the fact that I can fill it and throw it in my purse and know that everything will stay dry is so great.
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Cheerful.
Posted by J. Denae at 10:32 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Sounds like a good plan for sataurday (today) and your "stimulus" money. Hope your foot gets better soon!
Post a Comment